View Single Post
Old 07-10-2020, 09:55 AM   #44
phillyg
Montana Master

M.O.C. #17801
Quote:
Originally Posted by CalandLinda View Post
About 85 - 90% of reported RV trailer tire failures do not have an accompanying statement about the cause. So it must have been those China made tires, right?......It's just hypocritical to call all RV trailer tires made in China, "China Bombs", and then follow it up with: but this one works for me. YUK!
I don't understand your response. Every tire failure reported here and on other RV forums is based on anecdotal evidence. If you have some factual data, it might be edifying for the rest of us, so please share.

I've been following tire threads here, and on four other RV forums, for more than five years. The only reported Sailun failure appears to be related to road hazard. The countless reports of Maxxis, Towmax, Ranier, and other foreign-made tire failures could be from any number of things, but one commonality is they're mostly Chinese-made ST tires. But, I'll give that we're now seeing some American-made Endurance failures, too.

While I have no allegiance to Sailun, yes, they work for me, and apparently many others. And for those whom use them on 6k axles and 80psi wheels, they have an extra margin of built-in safety even though they need not be maxed out at 110psi.
phillyg is offline   Reply With Quote