View Single Post
Old 05-01-2007, 05:50 AM   #20
jretz
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6321
Remember like any auction a high starting price will keep bidders away. A low starting price may bring in more bidders and possible a bidding war. I start my items for 2 or 3 dollars, $9.99 if it is an expensive item. I have found that on e-bay an item will get what it is worth. Listing items this way I have started them at 2 dollars and got 300 dollars at the closing.

Also look up similar items you are selling on e-bay and check the completed auctions, this will give you an idea of what others got over the last 60 days. If one item sells for more than other similar items see how that person listed it, the category they put it in and their description.

In my 9 years with e-bay I have only had 3 people not pay for items. I re listed them and 2 went for more money the 3rd went for the same.

Feedback is king on e-bay. With a low feedback number your will not get as much bidding activity as you will once your feedback number increases.

The way I look at it is, Have fun with it. The stuff I am selling is just taking up room anyways and collecting dust.
jretz is offline   Reply With Quote