View Single Post
Old 10-09-2017, 08:29 AM   #35
mjammersc
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #17609
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeBeFulltime View Post
DEALER PREP! Choose your dealer very carefully. If your dealer does a thorough pre-delivery and corrects anything on the spot you are likely to be happy with your Montana. I am not speaking of a walk-through but a hook-up and systematic test of all systems over a 2 or 3 day span.

We have purchased 2 Montanas from the same dealer and have been very happy with both. Neither has had to go back to the dealer for anything over the 10 year period.

Yes, we would buy another Montana provided we could buy from the same dealer.
*2 on this. Going for just the lowest price w/o researching the dealer and the quality of the prep work will probably guarantee disappointment. Also personal prep work matters too. Make sure you are prepared and take the time on delivery and if the dealer isn't willing to do that with you, find another dealer. Also recognize things will break, not may break, will. The key is being able to resolve the minor things yourself (loose trim/items, minor fit issues, adjusting items, etc) without getting worked up and save the major items for the dealer and service. This is like owning another house except it goes though minor (major) earthquakes every trip so there is a higher wear/repair factor involved.

And right now, almost all trailer manufacturers are going through growing pains. I live not too far from Elkhart/Goshen region and due to the major sales boom and growth they are seeing, they can't get and keep help and are cranking out trailers as quick as they can. I am sure this has hurt quality to some extent though I seems they are working to improve this through a variety of job training initiatives in the region. We'll see.

Lastly, remember that on forums like this and others are designed for people to get help on their units so you will hear much more on the issue vs positives of brands.

Good luck and yes, Montana would be on the list of replacement brands I would consider.

mjammersc is offline   Reply With Quote