View Single Post
Old 06-11-2005, 05:09 AM   #13
trukdoc
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2220
Send a message via MSN to trukdoc
I admit all slide RV's are limited with slides in. Some are more functional than others.
The 328RLS that we have, The kitchen is fully functional. Sink, fridge, stove, microwave and all cabinets in that area.
My bathroom is fully functional, shower, toilet and sink as well as their storage areas.
My living room is off limits with slides in and the bedroom is very limited to simply sleeping on the bed.
While on a trip I can stop anywhere ie: rest area, fire up the generator and we can make a lunch freshen up with a shower and take a nap without having to slide out. I realize slideing out is as simple as pushing a button, it simply is a case in some rest areas there is not enough room.
The Cambridge, as well as some Montana's the kitchen is virtually unacessable. In the Cambridge the freezer door will not open I guess is not an issue due to you cannot get to the stove or microwave with slides in. You can get into the fridge. Looks like the bathroom is pretty accessable as well as the bed. The living room is unacessable.
As I said on my last post if you are fultimers, these are probably not issues due to being retired making distance on the road is not an issue. The luxury of being in a RV park early every night would make my opinion null and void.
And I did not feel comfortable in it. It may have been the color scheme they showed it in. Do not get me wrong I said WOW as I walked in the door. The couch and recliners were plenty plush. It was so nice it was sterile...best word to put to my feeling of it. My income is above 6 figures, I could have one if I wanted it so price is not the issue. There were some things I did like about it, just not enough to want one.
And besides all that. Storage is at a premium in any RV. And the Cambridge opted to fewer but larger interior storage cabinets. Which means having to pile things in the cabinet. I prefer more smaller cabinets for the purpose of making items more accessable. And more smaller cabinets makes it easier to organize, 1 compartment for one particular item. For instance we have one cabinet over the dining table that is nothing but paper plates, napkins,cups and utensiles. DVD's in another and so on and so on.
Simply put if you like it and it suits your traveling style, the Cambridge certainly a nice unit. But for me...I do not like it.
trukdoc is offline   Reply With Quote