View Single Post
Old 10-28-2012, 08:32 PM   #35
Irlpguy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12935
I am looking at the Montana specifications for 2012 on a printout I made from the Keystone website when I bought my unit a year ago, it shows the 3402RL shipping weight at 12,893, however the “Certificate of Origin” shows the shipping weight of my specific unit at 12,980 the difference is 87 lbs.

The “certificate of origin” goes to the dealer when they purchase the unit from the manufacturer. If you did not get a copy when you purchased your unit then you might not be able to get one now. Having said that, Keystone may have the information in their database, or the dealer where you purchased your unit may still have that on record. The only value of this certificate is you should then know what the unit weighed when it left the factory with all the options on it. That weight might be a fair bit higher than what it shows in the brochure, depending on the options you added at the factory.

The sticker on the door of my ’01 Dodge dually shows: GVWR 11,000
GAWR – Front 5200 – Rear 7500
But the “total” weight of my Dodge loaded and ready to go with wife and dog and the pin weight of the Monty cannot exceed the GVWR of 11,000 lbs regardless of the GAWR, or I am overweight.

My daughter has a 2008 Dodge 3500 dually short box and her GVWR is only 10,500 but shows the GAWR – Front 5200 Rear 9350 she cannot exceed 10,500 or she will be overweight.

What is the GVWR on the sticker on your ’05 Dodge Allen?
Irlpguy is offline   Reply With Quote