View Single Post
Old 01-23-2007, 02:52 AM   #16
Wrenchtraveller
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4890
I believe that as long as you are fairly level, both side to side, and front to back, there is no problem in having the slide-outs extended and I believe that most dealerships agree with me.
They all store new units , slides out, and very very few of them will have the rear stabilizers down. These units are open to the public and sometimes you go into a new unit and 3 other couples will be in there. Some of these people are huge so you might have over 1000 pounds of weight moving around inside the unit.

On our long travel days, we try to find a level spot for lunch, put out the slides and relax for a couple hours.
I don't unhook and I don't stabilize the unit for this.

Touch wood, both my slides work well and I have never had any problems. If a Fifth wheel model exists that truly needs the stabilizers out to safely extend the slides I want to know which model, so I make sure I never own one, as this would indicate to me a frame not engineered for the slide. I think all Montanas are fine to have the slides out while the unit is level, and stabilizers are just that, to stabilize your unit, not to add strength to the frame.

I would never jack up a unit with slides extended. This is only my opinion.
Wrenchtraveller is offline   Reply With Quote