View Single Post
Old 08-15-2018, 05:35 PM   #25
whutfles
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #17319
I understand what you're saying that pumping out 25 RV's per day and not aligning the axles keeps the cost down. But continuing to fail is not a recepie for success. Continued improvement is. It doesn't matter how many RV's they flood the market with. Enough of this negative publicity will have it's affect on their longterm success. It's common sense that miss-aligned axles are going to produce abnormal tire wear and maybe even contribute to accidents. If they are not going to certify that the axles are running true, then that should be part of the dealer prep. If the dealer is not going to do it then the operating instructions should include a warning to the owner that the axles need to be aligned prior to use. And if the trailer is going to be towed across country for delivery, it should be done at the factory.

Some manufacturer is going to figure out a way to incorporate an alignment pit in the assembly line and he is probably going to be able to do it cheaper than we pay to get it done. And when he does, he will probably improve some of his other assembly processes and you'll see less issues with the RV he produces.

After numerous tire issues I aligned my axles when my RV was 4 yrs old. 4 years later I aligned them again - yesterday. They needed slight bending the 2nd time but they said it was minimal. My tire wear was good. And I have hit my share of bumps, and pot holes since my last alignment. So It's on my schedule to align every 4 years which is about every 10,000 miles.

That's my 2 cents.
whutfles is offline   Reply With Quote