Thread: propane 2010
View Single Post
Old 03-17-2010, 02:59 PM   #4
Art-n-Marge
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9257
Send a message via MSN to Art-n-Marge Send a message via Yahoo to Art-n-Marge
That is now happening to me too when the driver's side was working and then it would not failover to the passenger side, but I now find that the passenger side just plain doesn't work. My workaround is to swap tanks now until I figure it out.

I do see that the passenger side has an additional regulator and is rated at 18psi. I have read many places that this is too weak for Monty's and against Marshall's recommendation Keystone is installing the weaker regulator. I plan to upgrade to a 30psi regulator when I get a chance. Whether this corrects the problem or not, I feel I need to do this. If this fixes it, then problem solved, otherwise I suspect the main regulator and might have to take apart to check if is permanently stuck. I have heard this happens but there is supposed to be a way to clean and lube it to fix it. It this doesn't work, then I'll try more stuff.

The only clue I am having now is that the green/red indicator on the autoswitchover is only half way up meaning that even with both tanks open, only the driver's side half is working.
Art-n-Marge is offline   Reply With Quote