View Single Post
Old 02-15-2007, 03:26 PM   #35
Dave e Victoria
Montana Master

M.O.C. #635
I'm going to give two replies. The first is my impression and the second is a discussion of what causes chucking and how these systems behave from a technical standpoint.

First, We have owned both the trail air and the Mor ryde. Our Big Sky came with neither and the ride home from the dealer was intolerable. I immediately ordered a Trail air and installed it myself. The difference in ride was dramatic. Later, I understood that part of the bad ride home from the dealer was due to the fact that I had nothing in the trailer.

Being an engineer by training and profession, I had to understand what was going on. (Read reply two) The trail air has the possibility of about 6 db reduction of chucking motion and I think it comes pretty close. However, it translated chucking into up down motion due to its geometry. Also, when hooking and unhooking it requires more jack motion to compensate for the vertical freedom in the hitch.

I became aware of the Mor ryde at the first Rally in Goshen . The design appeared to directly address chucking. I was impressed by the simplicity and elegance of the design. So, when we bought our Cambridge, I speced out the unit with the Mor Ryde. IMHO, it is every bit as good as the Trail air without introducing any up down motion. It is slightly cheaper than the TrailAir and I believe it is the best solution for the money.
Dave e Victoria is offline   Reply With Quote