View Single Post
Old 12-28-2020, 09:55 AM   #9
Mikelff
Montana Master

M.O.C. #26851
Here is the formula from other threads I have seen, and I use successfully. 1/4 cup bleach for every 15 gallons of water. I put total amount of bleach needed mixed in 1 gallon water container/clean used milk jug. I feed this into my fresh water tank with funnel and a clear plastic hose through fresh water over flow. Fill fresh water tank. NO need to bypass hot water heater! You need to sanitize it as well and will NOT damage your hot water heater. Run water using rv pump through each faucet, hot and cold, until you smell the bleach. Let everything sit for 24 hours. Drain fresh water tank and hot water tank. Fill fresh water tank along with hot water tank. Flush all lines using RV water pump until no more bleach smell. Drain fresh water tank and hot water tank. Refill with fresh water and you are done. What little bleach that might remain in the system will not hurt you. You should do this every 6 months or so, depending on how often you use your RV. The more you use your water system the cleaner it will stay because you are circulating fresh water through your system and not letting bacteria build up as fast as if it sits in storage. Im a part timer so I sanitize my rig every 6 months, and immediately after I de- winterize. Hope this helps.
Mikelff is offline   Reply With Quote