Thread: 3rd AC
View Single Post
Old 09-27-2020, 04:56 AM   #11
RMcNeal
Montana Master

M.O.C. #25165
Tony, as I understand it, there should be a junction box somewhere behind the basement wall that the wire from the pre-wire in the ceiling (ours has a maxx air fan and junction box with blank plate on the ceiling), meets with the electric from the breaker box for the bedroom AC. If I'm correct, the normal installation requires some sort of switching mechanism to route power to either the bedroom AC or the 3rd AC and this junction is where it should be installed. I haven't taken the time to hunt for it, but on our unit I think it is going to be behind the basement wall under the stairs to the bedroom as the breaker/fuse box is very close to there.
If this is correct, I intend to run from this junction to a 30 amp receptacle on the side of the rig which can be plugged in at the cg pedestal either 30/20 amp with dog bone to power the 3rd AC.
As Jim said, we would be able to run 2 AC's on 30/20 amp site, and 3 AC's on a 50 amp site if needed. Seems to be the best of both worlds.
Incidentally, I'm intending to use the 30 amp because I also want to run some outlets into our garage area under the rear den. We have the Mor/ryde pull out tray and I could use an outlet or two for a small heater, and also for a freezer and dehydrator in the winter time during hunting season. There's lights down there but no 120 vac power right now.
RMcNeal is offline   Reply With Quote