View Single Post
Old 08-24-2020, 12:39 PM   #113
Hornet28
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #25138
Quote:
Originally Posted by CalandLinda View Post
Just a misread. When you misquoted most of the information about HORNET28s trailer I went and found a reference for his trailer. I should have referenced it as HORNET28 instead of OP.

The original OP (MIKEFF) changed his subject from trailer to truck. His replacement tire selection for his trailer is still a mystery. He never established the use of his GY Endurance tires. IMO his trailer may have been equipped with ST235/80R16 LRE tires with a maximum load capacity of 3520# at 80 PSI. The GY endurance of the same designated size provides a maximum load capacity of 3420# at 80 PSI. Therefore they do not qualify as replacements.
If your thought of his trailer coming with max tire capacity of 3520# is correct then if he'd gone to the Endurance 235/85x16 the capacity would've been 3640# which is what I'm running on mine. I do agree that load capacity should be at least matched with the GVWR of the trailer and better to exceed it.

05 Mountaineer 298-RLS,
Hornet28 is offline   Reply With Quote