View Single Post
Old 02-10-2006, 07:14 AM   #93
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
The 3295RK has had the highest Carrying Capacity since day one, which was right around 2001 or 2002. For our 2003 it's 3940. I also have a lot of questions about how these numbers are figured. I understand the formula but not the source or reason for some of the base weights, like GVWR.

Rich, good info. Thanks. Those numbers make a lot more sense to me. We've had two Montanas. The first without high gloss and this one with high gloss. I like it a lot and would never let a few hundred pounds deter me, but then we had the ccc to handle it on this model. Our truck wouldn't know the difference between 14,060 and the 14,360 this Montana weighs.

Gene, the 3295RK used 6,000 lb axles on ours. It's not a very small model. Actual length on ours is 36' 4". Shorter than some but longer than the model number would lead one to think. Maybe the reason it has the higher capacity axles on the newer models is that the 3295RK has the highest GVWR. It has to be able to carry the full GVWR. Actual weight on the axles on ours is 11,060.

Rudi and Ellen, the dealer adds propane bottles and battery. They do not have those as they come from the factory. That adds around 200 lbs.

Rich, I was told by Coleman Davis the sticker is the weight of that model with "standard options". All of that run of that model get the same weight on the sticker. If "standard options" change, then so would the sticker. I take it from that statement from Coleman that they do not weigh each rig as it leaves the line.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote