View Single Post
Old 02-07-2021, 11:05 AM   #47
DutchmenSport
Montana Master

M.O.C. #22835
One final update.... WE'RE BACK HOME NOW.

Everything went very, very well. No issues at all. The only issue we had was, leaving Cullman, Friday the day before we left, the temps were about 55. Sunday morning when we woke up in bed at home, in the house, the outside temperature was 1 degree above zero (in Anderson, Indiana).

Here are some lessons learned from our 5 week stay.

First, (for us), the stay at one place was too long. In the future, I think we will be staying 2 weeks at one location and then move again.

Second, we do have a need to return home every so often.

Third, when working from the camper, setting up and leaving up our computers for work, the camper gets claustrophobic real fast. Also, have too little 4 legged fur balls that love to play with their squeeker toys and chew up and destroy paper plates. Feeding them on paper plates is a lot nicer than having to clean dog bows. But the trade off is, they love to eat, then destroy their dinner ware. Between the toys, the shredded paper, and the computer set up, claustrophobic feeling are easy to get.

Fourth, Even though the campground had reasonable good internet which worked very well for our company computers, there we times when their internet wifi just sucked. And we flipped back over to our cell phone wifi hot spots. Lesson learned, even if the campground advertises a paid streaming wifi service, or a premium service for a fee, always be prepared for a back-up, IF you job depends on internet access. I'm glad we had our phones.

Fifth.... full timing just sucks! Why! Because if you are parked long enough at one location, you make friends with other campers. Then they pack up and leave to their next destination. This really sucks! We met some really wonderful people and then had to say good-bye. All my life, I've been pretty much a loaner. But opening your heart up to other folks and then saying good-bye ... well, that's just sucks!

Camper towed wonderful. Had absolutely no problems, nothing broke down, we ate really good, I lost 5 pounds, and we came back with a refrigerator full of stuff and just finished moving everything back into the house.

We're looking at the month of March to do this again. It was an absolutely great 5 weeks. Looking forward to more -- and a bit longer the next time.

An oh, on our return home, we too I-65 from Alabama to Louisville, KY, and then veered off at Jefferson, Indiana and eventually ended up on Highway 31 and then Highway 9 into Pendleton.

The cops were out full force Saturday. We saw several vehicles pulled over (both directions), in Alabama, Tennessee, and Kentucky on I-65. So if traveling that route, watch it. "They" are out there.

As far as Corona goes, on the way home, there were no gestop police anywhere, and face masks seem to be about 50/50 everywhere now.
DutchmenSport is offline   Reply With Quote