View Single Post
Old 03-29-2019, 07:09 AM   #15
darrylwt
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #17873
Quote:
Originally Posted by laverdur View Post
I have one on my Monty. It works perfectly so long as there are no trees or poles in the way. Your Monty is new so you may not have one of the installation challenges I had. My Monty has a curved roof. The arc of the roof was too great to allow direct installation of the sat dish. I had to have a metal shop make wedges to under the edges of the dish. I also bought Winegard's SKA-008 Mounting Plate so that the entire deal, dish and wedges sat on the plate vs. the rubber roof. If you have a flat roof that meets the installation requirements specified by Winegard, you won't need wedges and could probably avoid the cost of the SKA-008. My Monty came from the factory with a connection in the utility bay for satellite in the living room and one for the bedroom. In my case, the coax runs across the roof to a point above the fridge. That is where the roof penetration was done. There is room behind the fridge to bring the cables down into the utility bay. The control head for the dish is installed in the bedroom closet. The power cable from the control head runs down to the basement next to the washer plumbing, then across the ceiling of the basement to the utility bay. This power cable run is longer than the cable that comes with the unit. Winegard sells an extender cable to make up the difference. See CL-SK26 Communication Cable on the Winegard web site. I'd have a detailed conversation about how the work will be done with whomever you chose before they start work. If you start getting smoke & mirrors stories about how they make the connections like I did from CW, run away fast and find someone else. Make sure you read the installation manual carefully and select a mounting location that provides plenty of room. If you anticipate travel to Canada or the extreme northeast, roof items like air conditioners can get in the way of the signal when the dish is at low angles, which it will be when you are way up in the northeast. Good luck.
KeyTV didn't come out in Montana'a until Sept. 2018 the older trailers don't have a problem because there is three cables running to each TV for Over the air and cable TV and Satellite KeyTV has one cable for all three signals with switches and that is the problem with the LNB switch on the Dish winegard Trav'ler 1000.