View Single Post
Old 07-16-2015, 02:45 AM   #10
Samiterry
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #13257
Our spare tire had drifted down due to the interstates poor shape here in Indiana, and after pulling into a flying j station with an angle of approach so great the tire drug on the asphalt and bent up the tire carrier so bad it had to be replaced. I found out that Lippert was the manufacturer of the carrier but had a couple different kinds. I called Keystone and asked for the part number of the carrier so I could purchase the right one from Lippert. Keystone said they wouldn't give that info even tho I gave them VIN # and that I needed to call my dealer. They even admitted to me that there was a part number and the carrier was still being produced. I called Tiara and they wouldn't give me the part # either, but, they could order one for me for $180. After talking to a Lippert Rep, we decided on which carrier was the one used on our Big Sky. I ordered one to the tune of $80 from Lippert. $100 less than Tiara !!! It came delivered by truck and fit exactly as the original. Lippert was a great help. Keystone is trying desperately to create a monopoly with their dealers making you believe the only place to get parts for your rig is from a Keystone dealer at trumped up prices.
Samiterry is offline   Reply With Quote