View Single Post
Old 12-16-2014, 09:05 AM   #16
rsa

M.O.C. #14658
I just passed my CA class A non-commercial, it really isn't that difficult. The hardest part was the "dock parking", where they start you at a 90 degree angle and you have to back up to a "target" zone and stop within it (about 2 feet). They give you plenty of pull ups (I used 5), and you get two "looks" to assess your position. If you fall short or hit the back cones, it's a fail. The 100' backing is easy, then a road test that, if you've been towing for any length of time, you'll pass with ease. I went to the DVM one morning and watched, then practiced a few times in a big empty lot...piece o cake and you'll feel a lot better that you're legal. DMV told me CHP was going to start "stinging" after Jan 1, 2015 and it carries a $600 fine. Talked to one guy there who was pulled over, had to drop his rig and come back with a licensed driver as they wouldn't allow him to continue. So it wasn't worth the risk for me...I stressed out WAY too much over the test . If interested, I can send you my test so you can see what's on it, or there are plenty of resources online.
rsa is offline   Reply With Quote