View Single Post
Old 04-16-2014, 12:39 PM   #13
Carl n Susan
Site Team

M.O.C. #4831
I couldn't understand why Montana would discontinue the Auto Switchover Propane valve. I was at my dealer this afternoon and looked at four brand new Montanas, one of which was delivered while I was there. They have build dates of 2/11/2014, 2/25/2014, 3/18/2014, and 4/7/2014. They *ALL* had the Auto Switchover valves. The physical lever for switching tanks manually is visible above the red gauge in the picture. The automatic feature switches from the primary tank (the tank pointed to by the lever) to the secondary tank when the primary tank is empty (assuming the secondary tank is turned on - i.e. valve is open and it has propane). While you have to do nothing to cause the auto-switch, you do need to flip the lever to point to the previously secondary tank (making it now the primary) and the gauge will turn green. Now you can remove the empty tank, re-fill it, and re-connect it as the new secondary tank. If your system is not working like this it needs to be fixed by your dealer.

Carl n Susan is online now   Reply With Quote