View Single Post
Old 01-19-2021, 03:04 PM   #32
kowbra
Montana Master

M.O.C. #26690
Quote:
Originally Posted by beeje View Post
I can't disagree with anything you stated. However in my situation my truck hardly ever moves without the camper hooked to it.
My only question for somebody in the opposite position would be would you rather be safer while towing your rig with a daully, or have easier maneuverability while not Towing with a SWR truck.?
I think the challenge is it's not black and white - we are not comparing safe with unsafe. IOW, it is not unsafe to tow with an SRW truck that meets the numbers.
As to your question of "safer"? That is where it's subjective and up to each one to decide. The guys with the MDT's will say they are safer than the dually pickup guys. And, there are a few on this forum who drive HDT's and would say they are really the ones that are "safer" than the other 98% of us here; and they would be correct. So, dually drivers can't lay sole claim to "safer" in this discussion.

I still maintain that the choice is about finding the best tool for the job, but it gets murky when there are multiple jobs to be done and only one truck to do it with!

Brad