Thread: Stuck in Alaska
View Single Post
Old 01-17-2021, 03:30 PM   #14
Leonard R.
Established Member

M.O.C. #26577
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twarren View Post
With Covid came the Canadian border closure. Because we have a home in Alaska the Canadian Border agent would not let us travel through. We are fully self contained, do not need hotels or restaurants, RV parks can be totally phone check in, no face to face. We do need fuel stops and pretty much all are self serve again with no face to face contact. But we could not travel through. We had to winterize and store the rig which we did not want to do as we live in it year round. Really missing travel south this winter...hope things change this summer. Ok, I got that off my chest.
So sorry that they would not let you through. I had heard many stories that as long as you travel A-B, you could use the "Canadian corridor" to get home. So Sorry to hear your plight.
As a Canadian who cancelled all winter plans in the Southern U.S. due to Covid, I am ashamed at the Canadian's who "scammed the system" having their trailers brought over and then flew in to pick up the trailers and continue on. I could have done this as well, but if not legally wrong, it is certainly morally wrong and a selfish act. This is not how two great countries and citizens should treat each other. I truly believe there are more Canadians who think (and act) like me than the other ones. Please don't paint us all with the same brush. Stay safe!