View Single Post
Old 08-01-2020, 06:28 PM   #19
PNW Fireguy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #18081
Quote:
Originally Posted by kowbra View Post
I'm not sure about the part that "the rest of the hardware connecting the axles is the same"... however the entire suspension is 8k rated, not 7k rated. That includes more than just the axle, and it certainly includes the spring pack. What do you mean by "the rest of the hardware", and where are you getting this info from?

Thanks, I really am interested in finding out how well an upgrade to 8k leaf suspension practically works.

BTW, IS sounds nice, but I just can't see going all the way to Indiana to get it, along with the price... and, as to leafs being "horse and buggy suspension", while that's partially true, leaf suspension works reliably for tens of thousands of trucks driving millions of miles up and down the roads every year; and newer models having quite plush rides as well!

Brad

My words are from my own experiences. The saddle that the springs attach to are still a common point of failure at the weld. The hardware still have the same MTBF's. I spent a lot of time speaking directly to the factory about this issue at the last rally. The axles frequently are bent, you can look at the sheer number of posts on this site regarding that topic alone. I looked hard at changing my axles and after doing my research including Morryde, I determined that changing the axles would not address my concerns. As Murphy would have it I experienced a suspension failure on the way across county a mere three months before I was scheduled to have the IS installed. I knew it was a question of when not if. As I said I frequently checked the components as I was leary of a failure anyway. The point I am making is that I thought was on top of the issue and in the blink of an eye the failure of the .05 clip that holds the spring pack together did me in. Unlike others who have posted on the forum I did not lose the saddle that attach the springs to the frame.
There are two locations in the US authorized to install the Morryde IS...the main location in Elkhart, IN and another vendor location in Oregon. It is what it is.
PNW Fireguy is offline   Reply With Quote