View Single Post
Old 08-01-2020, 05:02 PM   #18
beeje
Montana Master

M.O.C. #17894
Quote:
Originally Posted by kowbra View Post
I'm not sure about the part that "the rest of the hardware connecting the axles is the same"... however the entire suspension is 8k rated, not 7k rated. That includes more than just the axle, and it certainly includes the spring pack. What do you mean by "the rest of the hardware", and where are you getting this info from?

Thanks, I really am interested in finding out how well an upgrade to 8k leaf suspension practically works.

BTW, IS sounds nice, but I just can't see going all the way to Indiana to get it, along with the price... and, as to leafs being "horse and buggy suspension", while that's partially true, leaf suspension works reliably for tens of thousands of trucks driving millions of miles up and down the roads every year; and newer models having quite plush rides as well!

Brad
Go out to your camper and look at the puny leaf springs holding 10 to 13000 lb. Then go look at the rear end of your truck whether it's 3/4 ton 1-ton whatever and look at those Springs that are bearing six seven thousand Pounds. You can clearly see the difference.

Yes it's probably a long Trek to Elkhart Indiana to have it done and yes it is expensive. But for my peace of mind not having to worry about the suspension again is well worth the travel and the cost.
beeje is offline   Reply With Quote