View Single Post
Old 07-10-2020, 01:58 PM   #10
Mikendebbie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #21044
Charlie - my son, daughter-in-law and new grandson live in Clear Lake area just a few miles from NASA.

x2 on Jetstream RV Park. Maybe 20 minutes to NASA. We stayed there for a couple of weeks last December when the baby was born...pre Covid. When we go back we will always stay there. The other thing I like about Jetstream is I can watch the trainer jets coming off of Ellington Field...daytime flights only.

In the past we have stayed at Space Center RV Park. It was fine. they need to update a few things - but it is next door to Cracker Barrel which was a plus for us. We had a smaller travel trailer...not sure my big Monte would fit as easily. It would be my last resort.

We have also stayed at USA Marina Bay in Kemah in the Monte. It is nice and we would go back...but I think there is a lot of highway construction on Hwy 146 as they are building a big bridge over Clear Lake. I would stay clear until the bridge is done in maybe 2 years. It was way farther from my son's house, so we will not go back unless it is the only option.

There are a couple of USA RV Resorts just south of League City that looked good based on our drive-by assessment...but farther away from son's house in Clear Lake...not our first choice.

I will also say that there is a chain of parks around Houston owned by Quality RV Resorts and we have stayed at 3 of them - all very nice. I love their dog wash stations!
Aussie Gus + Texas Heeler Jimmy
Mikendebbie is offline   Reply With Quote