View Single Post
Old 10-23-2021, 09:00 AM   #5
rames14
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1920
Update. On the Norcold four door refrigerator, it is a common occurrence for the flapper door not to close. It hangs up on the bottom and prevents the flapper from closing. On this unit and the last, a 5/16” washer was added to the left door. Our alarm was coming from the right door. Lifting up on the door with my foot caused the alarm to stop. So, adding a 5/16” washer to the right door as well seemed like the solution. However, there was already a thick washer with a notch cut out. So, I ended up putting (3) washers under the right door. If you want the repair procedure, keep reading.

First (same on left or right side - left to free the flapper, right to stop alarm) you need to remove the plastic cover covering the hinge. This is located on the upper left and right corner above the door. This is a five minute job if you get your tools around first. I used a cordless drill, socket to fit the three screws, and a package of 5/16” washers. Easy enough to do for one person. Take the three screws out, open the door while holding the door with both hands and lift. Lean the door against the fridge while you put the washer on the pin at the bottom. Pick up the door, place it back on the pin and close the door. Line up the holes and replace the three screws. Replace the plastic cap. Enjoy the silence (or easy closing of the flapper).
Ron and Terrie Ames - MOC #1920/KF0NTA
2021Montana 3230CK Super Solar Legacy Package
2021 Ram 3500 Laramie Longhorn, BIM Charging
4x4, SRW, LB, Crew Cab, Pullrite 3900 Hitch
rames14 is offline   Reply With Quote