Thread: Basement heat
View Single Post
Old 10-15-2021, 08:10 AM   #1
EllsworthToohey
Established Member

M.O.C. #29777
Basement heat

If I understand correctly, the propane furnace that heats the RV above floor level is also supposed to blow heat into the confines of the underbelly to keep water lines and waste tanks from freezing. How does this really work? By that I mean, 1st yes or no on my assumption, but more importantly, how does it operate. Is there a thermostat or temp sensors in the underbelly to signal when its needs heat or is it constant when the living area above floor is being heated? I know where my furnace is, but have not traced out any ductwork to see where basement heat comes from. Just one of the many mysteries for new owners of old used RV's.

2nd, the HEAT switch on the tank & battery monitor panel - does this have to be on for the furnace to work to heat the living area. Or does this switch open up a heat duct just below the floors? Winter is coming and I will hopefully be living full time in my 3670RL by the 1st Floridian Freeze. And yes we DO get some pretty deep freezes here on occasion.

3rd How propane hungry is the Furnace? Just has my (2) 30lb bottles recertified for 5 more years. I plan to use shore power for cooking and fridge etc. Propane will be almost exclusively for heating.
EllsworthToohey is offline   Reply With Quote