Thread: Wine Racks
View Single Post
Old 08-26-2020, 09:12 PM   #34
Buckfisher
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #24564
Maybe we're just lucky. Our wine has stayed in the rack for about 4 years. We've made many trips that were several thousand miles long. Never had a problem with it coming out. We have a 305RL High Country. The wine rack is located on the wall common to the bathroom. That location is probably the smoothest riding in the RV. It's about half way between the hitch pin and the axles. We occasionally have trouble with drawers and doors coming open. My wife is diligent about securing them with bungee cords before running in the slides.

We had a rear kitchen many years ago. We couldn't keep the doors and drawers closed. And if they did stay closed, the contents were at least scrambled, and often broken. We replaced most of our kitchen stuff at least once. The refrigerator was also on the rear wall. Cleaning up and salvaging what we could was part of setting up. My brother in law once gave me a gallon of corn liquor moonshine. It came out of it's hiding place and fumigated the entire RV. You could get drunk just smelling the fumes. Took months to air it out. We'll never own another rear kitchen.

We'll probably keep the 305RL for a while. The bugs are all been fixed now, it's rigged close to what we want, and I cringe thinking about starting over.
Buckfisher is offline   Reply With Quote