View Single Post
Old 08-01-2021, 11:05 PM   #4
Rondo
Site Team

M.O.C. #7560
Bob and Nancy-- I had the same problem and went to one of the dollar stores and found a stiff bristled ball shaped toilet brush I keep in the Monte. This brush just fits into the toilet exit hole and gasket with the bristles a little larger than the hole. When our toilet acts up like your has I just take that, I just take the brush and while the water is running into the toilet I brush the hole and gasket vigorously and turning the brush as I do this. This cleans the gasket as well as the pipe below the toilet. Just remember to hold onto the brush because if it falls into the pipe it will be quite difficult to get it out and you don't want it to go into the black tank. After cleaning the gasket and etc, I take an old tooth brush and put some plumbers grease all around on the gasket. This lubes the gasket and also creates a seal between the gasket and the toilet ball that seals the toilet bowl from the pipe. This process takes about 5 minutes and the cleaning and plumbers grease is good for at least two months. Also always remember to put water back into the toilet bowl after flushing or the gasket will dry out and will not seal. I always put some of the RV anti-freeze (pink stuff) in the bowl when winterizing the unit so the gasket will not dry out during the winter or non-use.
Rondo is offline   Reply With Quote