View Single Post
Old 11-25-2020, 02:38 PM   #10
kowbra
Montana Master

M.O.C. #26690
MorRyde Rubber Pin Box

We had a MorRyde rubber pin box on our last 5th and liked it so much that we are having one installed on our new Montana...

To me the worst issue is not the bouncing up and down; your truck will bounce up and down on it's own on some bridges.
The biggest issue to solve is "chucking"... when the truck hits the bump it slows slightly and the big trailer keeps right on going creating a big jerking motion. Then when the trailer hits the bump, the opposite reaction happens as the trailer momentarily slows and often an even bigger backlash.
The MorRyde RPB is great at taking out the above chain reactions.
Now, when hitting a large bump, you may still get some up and down bounce, but you won't get the subsequent jerking back and forth. I find it a world of difference better and far less tiring.

I don't have experience with air hitches or pin boxes so cannot comment on them; they may be better yet.
But, what I like about the MorRyde is that is lighter and cheaper than many and there is no maintenance; for example no airing up or down. And, long term, there is less worries of a part failing; there are no hinges, or joints or airbags, etc. Basically, it's some bolts and some rubber bushings.

HtH!
Brad
kowbra is offline   Reply With Quote