View Single Post
Old 05-12-2009, 05:17 AM   #4
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
"Twenty trailers per day and backlog in the hundreds and that just at the Montana factory!!!"

As far as Charles Wade? I have met Charlie on numerous occasions. Both in Goshen and in Oregon. If there is one thing I can say about Charlie is that he has a tendency to exagerate but this time I'm not so sure.

Keep one thing in mind and that is the Montana, Mountaineer and Big Sky are now all coming thru the same plant. Last year they combined all the 5th wheels into one plant. This could be where the 20 a day is coming from.

Anyway,
This winter in our park there were 3 new rigs, one of which was a Montana. Now these folks are all retirees and all 3 pretty much said the same thing "You can't take it with you."
The park did have some cancellations but most were due to health or family reasons and not so much the economy. A number had cancelled durung the summer when fuel prices were so high. By October they were calling trying to get there reservation back in place.
Even though there were still a few cancellations the park was at about 90% occupied. A good number that were not able to book here in previous years tried again this year and got in without a problem.
Talking to a number of SnoBirds this year I found that there was nothing going to stop them from coming down for the winter. A few even stayed longer than usual.
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote