View Single Post
Old 05-29-2014, 03:11 AM   #10
mobil
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #10437
This is the "hard" way, but that's how I usually end up doing things. When cleaning the roof(w/blue Dawn) I'll soak the extended awning with blue Dawn/water mixture(I never use bleach,personal preference), roll up the awning, wait 15 min, extend, clean w/soft brush on extension pole, rinse. Then when I'm done up top I go down and clean the bottom of the awning in the same manner. Sometimes there are stubborn stains. On these I use a Mr. Clean Magic Eraser mop and a bucket of clean water. In the winter while camped for extended periods in Florida, The underside of the awning will sometimes get some blacks spots(mold/mildew). The eraser mop, a bucket of clean water, and 15 min of work will clean it up like new.It's a lot of work and will give your shoulders a workout kinda like pulling ceilings down with a pike pole! But it works well and I haven't seen any adverse affects from it yet in over 15 years of doing it this way(besides sore shoulders and a loud calling from Mr. Brewski). The eraser pads used to be only available in small pads, now available in a mop.
mobil is offline   Reply With Quote