View Single Post
Old 03-13-2009, 02:43 PM   #19
TLightning
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7871
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by richfaa

Whenever this topic comes up we get the same rhetoric from the same people, myself included. The thing is we are all pretty much telling the truth. we can pull just fine..Of course you can. We never had a problem stopping..of course not..since you never had a problem. The 250 and 350 are the same truck just a spring of a couple of tires different..Looking at tow ratings for the Ford truck, from Ford indeed the 250/350 are the same 23, 500lbs...5th wheel tow rating 15,200lbs.. So why do they make two different trucks... The tag on the drivers door tells the story. Mine says Front axle 6K//rear axle 9K GVW 13K.. CC 4268. That is my truck ..the CC is the big difference and if it is only a extra spring or a couple of tires..then that is difference and is why we got that particular truck. But Folks..there is a difference... If we have never had a problem....doing whatever we are doing or driving whatever we are driving or towing whatever we are towing....it is because...well...We have never had a problem...yet...
As for safety IMO it is about 20% truck and camper and 80% driver.
Good advice.

As stated, any diesel will "tow" any Montana. However, the 3/4 tons cannot take the LOADED pin weight and all the other things we put in our trucks and remain within the manufacturer's specs...it's just that simple.

Do the numbers then decide if you want to remain within specs or don't care...it's your truck, you decide.

TLightning is offline   Reply With Quote