View Single Post
Old 04-13-2018, 08:31 AM   #40
dfb
Montana Master

M.O.C. #17163
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grzly03 View Post
I have F350 short bed and 3730FL. First time I hooked up, I had concerns about rail height because the 4 x 4 does sit high. But pin weight caused it to settle down to almost perfectly level. When I first got the Andersen I went to a big parking lot just to see what my capabilities were in turning and bed rail clearance. I found that I could actually go a little past 90 degrees, and at 90 I had about 4-6" clearance to back of cab, depending on other factors. Gotta' say, in response to earlier post, if someone damaged their 5er because of truck/trailer contact, it would seem they weren't being very careful and observant. If the hitch was properly installed, I can see why Andersen would absolve themselves, assuming there are no other circumstances. I don't think their advertising says anything about guaranteeing against problems not of their making.
In Anderson's add on youtube they show a five foot bed pulling a large 5ver. This is not my first Rodeo Cowboy. The hitch was installed properly. I have pics. Both the cab and window needed repairs. If i seem ticked, I AM!. First, not one ram dealer in my area had a longbed. Second, the hitch dealer guaranteed the trailer and cab would not meet. Third, im still paying for the insurance claim.i really don't need people sayingI installed it wrong or did not care. The truck was 70,000 and had 2000 mles on it. THE Montana was new. I have been doing this since 1992.. IM not the only one who has damaged their truck with the Anderson hitch. The 15 Rams megacabs bed is only 6'3".. this damage happened while backing into my driveway at a 90 degree turn. Cab had a small dent near the rear window and the window shattered. The entire cab on the right side needed to be repainted, except doors. The bed had to be moved back.I was not happy. I should have bought the pullrite to begin with. Dealer gave me a refund on the Anderson.
Since then we bought a 17 ram Longhorn 3500 dually, aisin, 5th wheel prep, auto level, 4:10s... NEVER BELIEVE AN ADD OR TAKE A DEALERS WORD. ALSO, ANDERSON REPLIED TO MY INCIDENT AND OFFERED TO PAY .. THEY DID NOT..