Thread: CPAP Shelf
View Single Post
Old 05-15-2022, 05:48 AM   #26
MandK
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #28430
Quote:
Originally Posted by twindman View Post
After reading some of these posts about inverter, I have a question. Do the newer Montanas have an inverter that feeds many/most of the 120v outlets in the rig when shore power goes out?
Our 2021 3121RL is not super solar equipped. It has the residential fridge. Those trailers have a 2000w magnum dimensions inverter that, through a separate remote transfer switch, powers 5 electrical outlets throughout the trailer when the power goes out and while towing. Naturally the fridge plugs into one of those. The others are:
One in the bedroom, one behind the theater seats, one of the “ pop-up” counter top outlets to the right of the stove and the television in the living area. Our 5er is a “standard” issue, no solar panels model. The 2022’s were the first year of keystone’s solar package that has a 200w panel as a standard feature. Our trailer came standard with “solar prep”. Keystone was working with Jaboni at that time, and wiring is installed from the batteries to a wire bundle behind the basement wall and up to the dock on the roof. As I understand it, the prep is designed to handle installation of a 30 amp controller.
We use our trailer primarily as a winter home in the south in RV parks and campgrounds with hookups. We only use it occasionally in the summer (maybe 3 times) up here in NY and this setup seems to work well for us.
It’s difficult to know what others have in their trailers and therefore difficult to help others troubleshoot because it seems that Keystone was/is making changes every year and sometimes during model years to these systems and others. There are also differences in Legacy and High Country as well, my usual disclaimer is “this is what I have, ymmv”
MandK is online now   Reply With Quote