Thread: K&N Air Filter
View Single Post
Old 03-31-2006, 09:02 AM   #7
dieselguy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3085
The following is a reply to a previous post. The guy was running an AirAid system on his 05 Ford and I put in my 2 cents worth.

"I may open a can of worms here, but I feel it needs to be addressed. I see that you are running an AirAid system ... the stock heavy duty system with the big blue Donaldson filter from Ford (although pricey) gave you a boatload more filtration with more than adequate flow than the oil soaked synthetic cotton and gauze used in your current system as well as by K&N . Yes they will flow more air, but look where this type of filter was developed from ... racing applications and boating. Racers aren't too concerned about filtration as the engines are torn down fairly often to "keep the edge" ... boaters, well how many dust storms have you drove thru on the lake? In say 10,000 miles, take your tube off from the air box to your turbo ... wipe the inside with a light colored cloth and tell me what you see. I could go on, but maybe someone else will take up where I leave off. It didn't have the fancy cotton fiber they use nowdays, but I had a 57 Ford pickup with an oil bath filter ... 50 year old technology!"
dieselguy is offline   Reply With Quote