View Single Post
Old 06-12-2009, 06:16 AM   #7
Exnavydiver
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7753
Send a message via AIM to Exnavydiver Send a message via MSN to Exnavydiver Send a message via Yahoo to Exnavydiver
WE bit the bullet while at the NE rally and bought a macerator and 70 feet of 3/4 inch hose. We got the macerator at CW and the hose at Lowes. We were parked at the end of the row and our site had no sewer connection. H. John Kohl was the next site over and had a sewer connection. It was 60 feet from our rig to to his sewer connection, I ran a 3" Y on his connection so I could tap in without having to disconnect his hose. I was pump 60 feet and up hill about 5 feet. These measurements far exceed the capabilities of the Sewer solution. I actually gave my 6 month old sewer solution to Cap'n Chris when we got the macerator. The macerator worked great, not as fast as the 3" hose but more than enough to dump all three tanks (approx 130 gallons) in about 10 minutes with a good flush on the black. The only thing I might mention is that it is easier and safer to connect the macerator to a short length of 3" hose instead of directly to the main connection on the rig. the macerator weighs a few lbs and if you break off the mounting ears or the studs on the rig pipe you are out of business until you get that fixed. By using a short length of 3" from the rig to the pump you can lay the pump on the ground and remove the weight from the main rig pipe. The system is great if you have to make long runs or uphill to dump. I have it for just those situations. For normal parks I use the 3"... Dave
Exnavydiver is offline   Reply With Quote