View Single Post
Old 06-18-2005, 03:43 PM   #13
Richard
Established Member

M.O.C. #2499

We bought the Costco brand. We find Costco brands to be invaluable while fulltiming because you can return any defective product for a full refund or to exchange units at ANY Costco store....even from the mail order Costco outlet!

For how long? FOR EVER!.....lol...but seriously, they're very forgiving about returning all but the most ancient relics......(except computer equipment which has a 6 month limit) No need to work out the logistics of "doing without" while an interminable warranty return works it's way through the snail mail to a distant forwarding address, etc.

In this case, our Costco GPS was the Magellan 700 windshield mount with a smallish screen, but all of North America stored in it's massive/tiny hard drive.

It's worked extremely well for the past few months, but as we pulled into Texas, the heat of sun seemed to scramble it's little brains, and we set it on the armrest and pointed an A/C vent at it. It cleared up after a while, but I'm thinking it's time to return to Costco to exchange it.

My wife and I used to argue about directions, but since getting the female-voiced Magellan, I tell everyone, "It took another woman in our relationship to save our marriage." and then DUCK........once nearly in time.

Richard is offline   Reply With Quote