View Single Post
Old 09-19-2020, 04:33 PM   #58
Kasboat
Established Member

M.O.C. #22438
Camp,
90 degree alley dock was required when I took test in Bakersfield last year, had to do it.

It was difficult but they allowed 12 line touches that enabled a pass. I used 7. At each line touch inspector would stop me, I’d have to pull forward clear of the line then resume my alley dock maneuver. Note for the alley dock u have to finish with the 5th wheel within 3 feet of the end line, without use of rear view cameras even if installed. U are allowed to exit the vehicle & survey the situation twice, but save one for the 3 foot completion.

I did not complete the full test, didn’t finish the road portion as it grew dark & DMV office was closing. I did not reschedule prior to expiration of my permit, as my accompanying commercial driver was unavailable, he had to return to work.

DMV doesn’t appear to have Non-Commercial Cl A systemically engrained yet. I had a few discussions, objections & frustrations with my two appearances. I do not recommend going to DMV on a Saturday, it seemed to me that they were mainly interested in clearing the line rather than taking the time to complete the tests - just my opinion based on my experience.

Hope ur testing goes well. Keep us informed.