View Single Post
Old 09-08-2020, 03:58 PM   #45
Montana Man
Montana Master

M.O.C. #21963
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimc100 View Post
Those of you who say the CHP never enforce the license restrictions when towing are mostly right. Several years ago The CHP decided to set up a check point at Pismo Beach and were forcing those not properly licensed (pulling large toy haulers) to park them and get a properly licensed driver to come get them. You try going to the DMV and most of the clerks have no idea what a restriction 41 or non commercial class A are. It took me several minutes and a supervisor to get the test for a restriction 41. I also have left the state of CA.
We go there to camp on occasion. I know that the CHP is doing exactly what you are saying. They also pick off the 3/4 tons pulling fifth wheels. Like shooting fish in a barrel on that one. And, my experience exactly in the DMV. Took half an hour just to find the study guide, not to mention testing. And, our house is on the market as we write. Adios CA. We must be living in a parallel universe!