View Single Post
Old 02-13-2020, 08:01 AM   #17
goodellj
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #20452
We have a 2012 Montana 3150RL that came with Load Range "E" tires. I struggled with them, changing tires with slow leaks and bulges, and I even bought 2 extra unmounted tires to carry with me. I got a TPMS and spent a lot of time giving them TLC and doing full inspections before, after, and during each trip. I always asked the tire techs, if they seemed knowledgeable, for insights and advice. After 3 full sets of LR-E tires, along with using the unmounted spares, I finally got a tech to ask why I didn't consider changing to LR "G" tires. (I guess you have to ask the right questions to the right guy).

So... My Gladiator Load Range G tires have lasted 4 years and 29,000 miles, and yes they were made in China. My advice is to take extra good care of your tires by keeping the inflation at the proper PSI and inspect frequently for tread damage and evidence of broken belts. This evidence would be bulges or unusual tread wear. At 4 years I am due for replacement, although the tires still look pretty good.
6.7L V-8 diesel, 6-sp automatic, 3.55 axle ratio
goodellj is offline   Reply With Quote