Thread: Winterizing
View Single Post
Old 10-27-2008, 11:25 AM   #2
Mrs. CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6337
Even tho we have had the "mice" thingy, I do not take out bedding, towels, even leave in a lot of the clothes, as they are summer t-shirts, etc.

I don't leave doors open either. But, leaving that front closet open is not a bad idea, specially if you have clothes in there. That said, I don't remember doing so before.

I don't leave the frig open either, I clean it out REALLLLLLLY good, dry, dry, dry, then I stuff crumbled newspapers in the frezer, and the frig, loose, but, 2 or 3 sheets per shelf and bout the same in the freezer. Shut the doors. This works in the house, in all coolers, everywhere, but, you must have the unit clean and DRY!!!! Done correctly, there will be no smell, no mold, no dampness, and, yes, it really works!

If you leave the frig door open, be sure to put a rubber band or something around the little light, specially if you are not hooked to shore power. No shore power, but, leave that light on, you will have a DOA battery before many days go by.

I have been using the dryer sheets, in all drawers and closet, and such, even if it does not discourage those micey thingys, they do leave a pleasant odor in the drawers.

I do not leave the Max Air open either.
Mrs. CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote