View Single Post
Old 09-28-2022, 08:59 AM   #9
Joint Venture II
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #30751
Quote:
Originally Posted by bighamstoy View Post
More info. I have 4 Everstart 29D deep cycle batteries (yes, Walmart specials, but work great) each having 112AH. I was reading about "balanced" and "unbalanced" battery banks, and mine were unbalanced. The article showed how unbalanced systems would use some of the batteries (depending how it was connected) more than others. So, I followed the diagram and connected them balanced. Sure enough, it takes much more use before they drain down. It also takes much longer to charge them, now that everything is balanced. When charging at home (battery disconnect off, so no load) is when it takes 24-30 hours to charge them @15 amps. By the way, had 2 Interstate batteries (when my battery bank was only 2) and they failed after 2 years. These Everstarts are 2 years old and still working great!
Having used 12V batteries for years on boats I've owned and had as many as 3 battery banks containing as many as 6 batteries to a bank I am very familiar with charging the battery correctly. If your batteries are all the same brand, group size and have same specifications then connecting them in parallel is all that is required. All connecting cables need to be the same size cable and length as well. You do not need to balance batteries in parallel. Am I missing something in your application? I have 3 Interstate SRM24 deep cycle batteries on my Monty all connected in parallel and they are charged by the onboard Keystone charger installed in 2005 and have no issues whatsoever.
Joint Venture II is offline   Reply With Quote