View Single Post
Old 02-24-2008, 06:22 AM   #1
kimmy99016
Established Member

M.O.C. #8228
Traveling the US with the kids

Just wondering if there are any other folks out there traveling the US with the family. We have a 14 yo dd and a 12 yo ds and three dogs, two bostons and one great pit. We are planning our first practice trip in the beginning of June for 3 weeks to Montana and the plan on leaving on the grand adventure when school starts in September. We will be sticking to the Southern stated furing hte winter and working our way north during the spring.

We are purchasing a Mountaineer 345 DBQ from Lake Shore RV in Michigan and would like to hear from anyone who has purchased from them. Also anyone else have this mountaineer? We are looking for a rig to haul with, the unit is a 36' rig with a max weight of 14,310 lbs. I tried to search for rigs that you folks would recommend, but I could see that there are a lot of different opinions. I thought maybe we could get by with a 3/4 ton, but after reading the posts, I may go with a dually

What do you do with your dogs when you travel? We are planning on stopping at a "home base" for a couple of days and then traveling in the truck to the various spots, i.e national parks, zoos, museums, etc. Not sure I want to make the dogs to stay in the 5th wheel when we are gone. Any ideas?

I'm sure you'll be hearing more from me, lots of questions...

Thanks for any advice you can give.
Kim, Pat, Holly, Casey, Belle, Scooby and Tigger
Greenacres,(Spokane) WA
kimmy99016 is offline   Reply With Quote