View Single Post
Old 08-17-2016, 02:56 PM   #18
ronenz
Established Member

M.O.C. #18831
Boy when you read these unhappy camper issues it makes you cringe and think what did I get myself into? I keep reminding myself that major issues like the ones you read on the forum pages are hopefully the exception and not the norm. Very little we do as owners are standardized so comparing how I take care of my rig as compared with how you take care of yours can be light years apart. Establishing a norm is difficult as we drive our rigs differently, across terrain and in environments that differ greatly, all can be very stressful to the rigs. I read somewhere here that every time the rig moves down the road an earthquake is taking place and with that in mind, it is so unlike a stick built house that I think we set ourselves up for failure, by failing to manage our expectations. My dealer is crazy busy right now as this is the busy season, I had all my PDI issues documented and photographed with the written agreement that I would be bringing in the rig in the off season to have the warranty work completed at that time. Here in the South I have learned that people here work on southern time which if your from the north can drive you batsh*t. I learned many years ago to accept this as a norm here and not to get wrapped up in it as you never win. Buy the way I took over 4 hours PDI'ing the rig and to my satisfaction, very little needed to be addressed. A missing window knob, missing back up camera antenna and missing battery terminal block cover. A curtain shade has to be replaced as it does not have the controlled assent feature and there were some screws missing from the plastic bottom plate where the hose hook ups come through the bottom of the cabinet. A few paint scratches, from where I suspect the dealer installed the slide awnings and one scratch that was done after the rig was initially PDI'd. That was really disappointing and again motivated me to get the rig off the dealers lot as they are wall to wall filled with work. Oh by the way I was interested to see that Montana brand RV's were not represented in the back load of work they had on site. I though that spoke pretty well for Keystone as my dealer is a Keystone dealer. Anyway, thanks to all for your advise, mission accomplished, looking forward to the adventure.