Old 07-28-2016, 08:41 PM   #18
sambam
Montana Master

M.O.C. #13166
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Firsterin

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by 1retired06

We have had trouble free experience over the years using Firestone TransForce LT tires. Any good quality LT tire will be an improvement over the Marathon. Sailuns have a good reputation, don't know if they require the heavier rims or not.

I mentioned this thread to my husband. We have a High Country which has the six lug 80 psi also. While I'm encouraged by the responses here, he's still not convinced. He's been told by 'tire people' that the TL is not going to work. We still have the Marathons that came on our 2015 wide body, high profile HC.
Many, many MOC'ers, particularly those with the 6 lug rims, are using LT tires. The weight of their Montanas don't require a G rated tire, and the ST offerings have proven to be unreliable. Many problems have been documented, and not just on this forum. You should get your husband to do a search on tires here and find out for himself. If you're still willing to roll on the Marathons after that, good luck. You won't be the first to learn the hard way, nor the last. Best of luck with whatever you decide to do.

2010 Montana 3455SA, Mor/Ryde pin, wet bolts, TST 507, Progressive HW50C, GY G614
2019 Silverado D/A 3500HD LTZ DRW CC
B&W Companion
sambam is offline   Reply With Quote