View Single Post
Old 06-14-2011, 06:05 AM   #8
Art-n-Marge
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9257
Send a message via MSN to Art-n-Marge Send a message via Yahoo to Art-n-Marge
I was pretty lucky with the minimum because when the legs were painted black at the factory they were retracted so that when I extend them the black mark is revealed. When I do retract them I NEVER retract them all the way to minimize how much they travel and same some time. I only raise them enough so the landing legs are about level with the bumper when the adjustable part of the leg is retracted all the way up.

As for full extension, I have found mostly flat sites and can eyeball 11" or in a pinch I have a measuring tape close by, but I've not gotten to maximum extension.

Like the slideouts when the legs are at either end of their limits you will hear a clicking sound. Since this would probably be the gearing fighting itself, STOP!!! Mark a location prior to that with a permament marker (make it noticeable). Then reverse the motor to that position to avoid the stress point. One of these days I'll have to do this. This is one of those things that once talked about, odds are I will probably encounter it at our next outing.
Art-n-Marge is offline   Reply With Quote