Thread: San Diego Bound
View Single Post
Old 02-10-2010, 01:20 PM   #4
Art-n-Marge
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9257
Send a message via MSN to Art-n-Marge Send a message via Yahoo to Art-n-Marge
We have stayed at the Las Cruces KOA. EXIT 135 (Rt 70) off West I-10 about a mile to the KOA on the right. Proceed on Rt 70 for town and services, if necessary. The park is nice and clean. Not overly huge but very level sites. There is a bit of a rise to get into the CG but it's flat after that. Being on a rise, the view of the city and northern mountains is nice.

Last time I was there was about 2 years ago and there was a lot of contruction and we had to use exit 139 off West I-10 then went north to connect to Rt 70, then turn left (west). The KOA will be on the left side in this direction. This makes it about a 4 1/4 mile off I-10 but stay on rt 70 westbound to continue on I-10 west.

On edit: Fountain of Youth RV Park... is that in Frink, CA east of Salton Sea? If so, we've been there. The grounds are flat the sites very level and clean because I recall lots of pavement which keeps everything pretty clean. We went there in April some years back and the temps were over 100. I would much more prefer this time of the year, but it's probably full of Snowbirders. Nice to know an MOCer is taking good care of it.
Art-n-Marge is offline   Reply With Quote