View Single Post
Old 09-09-2020, 11:14 AM   #1
webbhead64
Established Member

M.O.C. #27075
No furnace air movement to 2 vents - 3761FL

Hello:

I'm new to the group, and a new Montana owner. Just picked up a 2020 3761FL a week ago. I've already leaned quite a bit in this forum.

Last weekend was our maiden voyage, and it got cold enough to have to fire up the furnace. During our PDI we checked the furnace functioned, but shame on me for not checking air movement to all vents.

So here's the deal on the vents in the various locations.

1) Middle of Front Living area - Good air flow
2) Vent on forward side of kitchen island - nearly no flow at all. It is probably the closes vent to the furnace, too.
3) Vent on rear side of kitchen island - GREAT air flow
4) Vent on floor of 1/2 bath off kitchen - GREAT air flow - actually, i believe it is connected to the kitchen vent mentioned in #3, above
5) Vent in main batch in rear bedroom - Nearly no flow at all
6) Vent in rear bedroom floor - Nearly no flow at all. I believe that #5/#6 are connected together via under floor duct work.

So, being new to a 5th wheel (Have had many travel trailers previous), I'm not sure what the likely cause would be. Take the vents in the rear bed/bath, for example. When I look in the basement under that room, I just see a piece fairly short piece of sheet metal between the floor joists, which I believe is connecting the 2 together. I don't see where duct connects into it from the furnace, so not even sure how to trace it back to the furnace.

I've also not opened the wall from the pass thru compartment to access the furnace. That's my project for this weekend.

I'm trying to avoid taking it in for service, as we have 4-5 more weekends of camping booked, and I know it will sit at the dealer for a couple of weeks if i take it back right now.

So, why am I posting when I haven't done much troubleshooting on my own yet? Well, I'm really looking for the likely culprit on this lack of air flow. Disconnected ductwork, blockage, something else? Looking for ideas of where to "start", figuring many of you have probably encountered the same thing, possibly with the same model. Also, how do I deal with the fact that I don't even see a clear path from furnace to the back bedroom/bathroom?

Appreciate any help or guidance you can provide, as I prepare to dive in and figure this out.
webbhead64 is offline   Reply With Quote