View Single Post
Old 11-28-2017, 08:19 AM   #6
Former StClairSailor
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #17151
We found the same problem when we received our new 3950BR. When storing the stairs, the screen door hit the stairs. Also, the outer door pressed against the screen when closed. To make matters worse, the space for the deadbolt lock was insufficient. This caused the door to open while the rig was being towed. Found that out on the freeway doing 63 mph.

I had installed the MorRyde stairs on our previous rig and referred to the installation manual still in my possession. The distance from the threshold to the front of the StepAbove hinge plate should be 15/16". There should also be 1/8" clearance between the inside lip on the door jamb and the outside edge of the step on each side.

When I measured the distance from the threshold to the hinge plate on the new rig, it was 3/4" on one side and 13/16" on the other. Since we were only a few weeks from the National Rally, we waited to show this to Keystone service. A simple template and a couple of side to side measurements should have made this a simple and quick installation. Sounds like Jeff Banning has the same issue.

At the rally, Keystone replaced the steps, the screen door and corrected the space for the deadbolt lock.

WeBe Fulltime is correct. When the stairs are deployed, the length has to be adjusted to allow the doors to properly close.

John & Laura___& Bentley
2017 Montana 3950BR
2015 GMC Sierra Denali Dually
Former StClairSailor is offline   Reply With Quote