View Single Post
Old 04-25-2005, 09:40 AM   #7
Montana_2785
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2785
Timing is everything....

This weekend I had planned on dewinterizing the Monty. And so I did. The high Saturday was 35 and the wind was blowing 25-35. Not a great day to be outside playing with the water hoses. Got the water system flushed and sanitized and loaded in the freezables (canned goods & such so we are loaded for quick weekend getaways). Saturday morning, the forecast was for that evening was a low of about 30. No problem. My indoor thermometer has min/max records and it shows me that for a night time temperature dip, the internal temperature in the Monty is about 4-5 degrees above the outside temp.

So, dewinterized and loaded with freezables, I took it back to our storage place. Got home about 8:30 and while eating supper I turned on the weather. Now they were predicting 24 degrees.... That is a little colder than I was comfortable with leaving the Monty unheated.

It is over an hour round trip there & back. It would most likely run the small battery flat if I ran the furnace overnight. I had to be to church extra early the next morning and wouldn't have time to go there to turn the furnace off. So, I loaded up the generator and spent the night in the Monty.

The next morning I checked the temperature to see what evil cold I had protected our baby from. 32.8 degrees. Didn't even freeze outside.......

Eric
Montana_2785 is offline   Reply With Quote