View Single Post
Old 03-24-2020, 05:16 PM   #9
DutchmenSport
Montana Master

M.O.C. #22835
I'd tell you which product to get instead of paper towel, but there there'd probably be a mad rush to snatch them all up too, then my supply would run out almost immediately.

Oh, why not!

If you go to the automotive section of Wall Mart, you'll find blue paper shop towels. We've been using these for years and years now instead of white kitchen paper towels. They are 1) cheaper 2) each roll contains more 3) stronger 4) more absorbant 5) can be rinsed out and used again, unless you shred them up.

If you goes to Lowe's or Home Depot, you can get a box of shop towels in a gigantic roll. I do a lot of hobby carpentry and wood crafting, and I've been using the blue and white paper shop towels for years and years. They are great. As far as being "sterile", they are just as sterile as any Bounty or anything else. They are just colored blue. We use them for everything from cooking to cleaning the wheels on the vehicles. They are great for wood staining and wood varnishing.

So, now you know my secret. And I suppose when I go back to Lowe's or Home Depot because I need new paper towels for wiping down my wood craft items, there probably won't be any.

Lowe's and Home Depot also sell cloth shop towels. You can get, like, a package of 12 for $2.00. They can be used over and over again. We use them in the house for deep cleaning. They are cheap, and if washed out, last for a long, long time!

Well, now you know my secret.... oh, one more I shared over and over again ... we installed 2 Bidets in the house and 1 in the camper. No need for toilet paper! And wipe the bottom with the cloth shop towel! Toss in the washing machine for another day. Works great!

Now, if only I could get Little Debbies for my 6 year old grandson!!!!
DutchmenSport is offline   Reply With Quote